Many people think IPL is laser as they do similar things but, in reality, they are not the same. Though both laser and IPL allow you to get rid of unwanted body hair, laser hair removal is much better than IPL hair removal. Why? To help you out understand this in detail, today, we will discuss:
- What Is Laser Hair Removal?
- What Is IPL Hair Removal?
- What Is the Difference between Laser and IPL Hair Removal?
- What Makes Laser Hair Removal Better than IPL Hair Removal?
What Is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal treatment uses a medical-grade laser that emits a single wavelength of light. The laser light is focused on the target area and is absorbed only by the hair pigment. Consequently, it doesn’t affect the surrounding skin or other types of tissues in the treatment area. The laser causes the hair shaft and hair follicle to heat up, interrupting the hair growth cycle and stopping hair growth.
Laser hair removal can be used for different parts of the body, including the face, under arms, legs, chest, back, hands, feet, bikini lines, etc.
What Is Ipl Hair Removal?
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treatment uses strong pulses of light to target hair pigment, causing a burst of heat that kills the cells responsible for hair growth. Like laser hair removal, it also offers a permanent solution for hair removal.
What Is The Difference Between Laser And Ipl Hair Removal?
The key difference between IPL and Laser Hair Removal is the kind of light being used to get rid of unwanted hair. The laser produces a focused light that has only one wavelength (or color) that goes in only one direction, creating a narrow beam, similar to a laser pointer.
On the other hand, IPL devices produce a broad spectrum of light, which appears as a single white flash, similar to natural light.
Another major and the most significant difference between the two treatments is that IPL hair removal can be painful, while laser hair removal is virtually pain-free.
What Makes Laser Hair Removal Better than IPL Hair Removal?
Here are the top reasons why laser hair removal is better than IPL hair removal:
- Laser hair removal is virtually pain-free, while IPL hair removal involves a higher level of discomfort.
- The laser focuses on a smaller area and travels further into the pore, allowing the light to concentrate more precisely on a target area and produce better results and decrease the risk of side effects. However, IPL uses a broad spectrum of light, reducing the effectiveness of this treatment.
- With laser hair removal, you may require fewer sessions to produce desirable results than with IPL hair removal.
- Laser hair removal is quick and takes significantly less time. However, IPL treatment can be very slow. For instance, when removing hair on the legs, IPL can take about 60 minutes, while a laser hair removal session may take only 20 minutes.
Here, at Sunshine Cosmetic Clinic and Medi Spa, we offer safe, virtually painless, and fast laser hair removal in Waterloo Kitchener area. If you’d like to find out more about permanent hair removal, book a consultation appointment now.