It is easy for people to get intrigued by the shiny bottles and attractive packaging of regular skincare products, especially when available at discounted prices. However, when it sounds too good to be true, you need to be cautious. With new beauty bloggers and influencers emerging every day on Instagram and Facebook, you can get easily sucked in with over-the-counter skincare, which typically does nothing, other than leaving your pocket lighter.
Why Avoid Regular Skincare Products?
Most over-the-counter skincare brands are all hype as their focus is more on how their products look and are marketed toward customers while skimping on the quality and effectiveness of their products.
Regular skincare products are not required to comply with the same standards as medical-grade skincare. Consequently, many over-the-counter skincare brands are formulated using low-quality ingredients, such as harmful parabens, sulfates, and silicones.
Low-quality ingredients are known to cause skin irritation, ranging from mild to severe. Parabens which are often added to increase the shelf-life can cause allergic reactions. Sulfates that have nice foaming properties can strip away the proteins that are essential for your skin.
What’s more, the skincare products that contain microbeads to exfoliate your skin can cause micro-tears on your skin surface, something you never want for your skin
What Makes Medical-Grade Skincare Better Than Regular Skincare?
Medical-grade skincare products and treatments are revered and recommended by dermatologists in the industry for many reasons, such as:
- Medical-grade skincare is held to high standards defined by the FDA and required to contain 99% pure ingredients that are clinically proven to stand true to their claims.
You can trust medical-grade skincare products as they are sold by only certified doctors and authorized cosmetic clinics.
- The products contain high-quality and more potent ingredients. It means a small amount is needed for each use. Hence, these products last longer than expected.
- Also contains a higher percentage of active ingredients and does not contain fillers or impurities.
- Medical-grade skincare products penetrate deeper into the layers of skin, providing effective and lasting results.
- These items undergo clinical trials and are tested to ensure that they help correct the skin conditions these items are formulated for.
- Though medical-grade skincare products may have higher price points than regular ones, they are more cost-effective in the long term.
Medical-grade skincare is generally better than the regular over-the-counter skincare, especially when you are looking for more active ingredients. It is highly recommended to consult an experienced skincare professional before venturing down the aisle of medical-grade products.
Do you want to improve your skin tone, texture, and appearance to look younger and become more confident? If yes, connect with Sunshine Cosmetic Clinic & Medi Spa for a free consultation now.